Friday, May 11, 2007

Really bugging me...
















Here are a couple of photos of two sweet cherry trees. Of course, the brand-new planting is already infested. The more established is the Black Tartarian semi-dwarf. The new cherry with emerging leaves is a BlackGold semi-dwarf planted about two weeks ago now.
I treated the established tree with Pyola, a canola oil with pyrethrin derived from chrysanthemum flowers. After not seeing any results, I took an affected leaf to a store for an opinion. Unfortunately, the red "part" on the stem of the leave didn't do too well in my car while I was at work. At any rate, the representative at the store didn't see any pests on the leaf, but recommended Triple Action as a fungicide, insecticide, and miticide that uses Neem oil. After a couple of days, there doesn't appear to be any change to the red "parts", and, of course, I had to treat the new tree that was just planted as well.
Is it time to drop the organic-based pesticides? None of the other (apple, crabapple, or peach) trees are affected.













































No comments: